Stored Credit Card Details
What is it?
This keeps your credit card securely on file making it easier and quicker for you to make a purchase online.
Is it Safe?
We take website and credit card security extremely seriously and always endeavour to provide a secure, safe platform from which to conduct online transactions. We use the industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts information as it is transmitted over the internet. This encryption scrambles details such as credit card numbers, billing details and delivery addresses so that other computers are unable to decipher the information, ensuring privacy and security.
If you choose to save your Credit Card, this is not held on file by Taking Shape, but by a secure third party financial institution encrypted with a suitable cryptographic algorithm. They comply with the Data Security Standards as defined by the Payment Card Industry (PCI) – this standard is referred as PCI-DSS. We are currently Level 1 PCI-DSS compliant (this is the highest possible level) and perform quarterly approved Independent Network Scans and maintain a robust program of continual self-assessment monitoring. This standard is something we take very seriously and compliance with it is another way our customers can be assured they are receiving safe, secure and reliable service.
To ensure you are accessing a secure server, look for the unbroken key or closed lock symbol located either at the bottom left or top right of your browser window. If it appears, then SSL is active. You can double-check by looking at the URL. If SSL is active, then the first characters of the URL will read ‘https’ rather than just ‘http.’ It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and your computer.
How do I save my Credit Card?
- Credit cards can be saved via Checkout on the Payment Page.
- To save your credit card, enter in your normal credit card details, and tick the ‘Store this credit card for next time?’ option. This will make your credit card available for your next purchase. If you do not select this option, your credit card will not be stored.
How can I store multiple credit cards?
- You can save your other credit card details via Checkout on the Payment Page
- Select ‘New Card’ from the list
- Enter in your new credit card details and select ‘Store this credit card for next time?’
How do I select my stored credit card?
- When you select ‘Credit Card’ as part of your payment method, you can select one of your stored credit cards in the list or enter in a new credit card
My Credit Card has changed, how can I update it?
- You need to be on the Payment Page via Checkout to edit your credit card details
- Select an existing credit card and choose the ‘Edit’ button
- Once you have changed your details, select the corresponding ‘save’ button
My Credit Card is no longer valid, can I remove it?
- Yes you can. You need to be on the Payment Page via Checkout to edit your credit card details
- You can remove your credit card as part of your stored payments by selecting the corresponding ‘remove’ button